Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Vacation Bag Essentials - Theme Park Edition

I just got back from a weekend trip to Universal Orlando with my husband. We are annual pass-holders so we make this trip multiple times a year. Given how frequently we go, I have a pretty good handle on what to bring with me and what to leave at home. I have included a lot of my July stand out products in this post as well so check that out if you want more details. Blog Link I am leaving out the basics like your toothbrush and deodorant because I figure everyone (I hope) doesn't leave home without those! You can always use the toiletries (shampoo/conditioner/body wash) that the hotel provides but I don't like the count on those because they aren't always something I will like. 
  • Vera Bradley Travel bag
    • I can hang it on the hook in the bathroom and it keeps everything organized and out of the way. Link 
  • Hair Brush
    • This sounds like a no brainer but I accidentally forgot mine once and had to go to the hotel shop to pick up whatever they had.  My hair was destroyed, so needless to say this is something I never forget! I usually pack my Wet Brush and it covers all my bases. Link
  • Shampoo/Conditioner
    • You can either pick up travel containers to put your favorite set in or you can use travel size versions. I have a pile of travel size hair products so I tend to find a moisturizing combo for the weekend. 
  • Leave-in conditioner
    • Your hair is in the sun all day and will be thrown around on rides, give it the TLC it deserves after the shower. This will keep your hair hydrated and help fight the tangles.
  • Hair spray
    • I use this very sparingly because to be honest, my hair isn't going to stay in place no matter what I put it in.  However, if I am doing a braid this helps tame the fly-aways. 
  • Hair ties and bobby-pins
    • Something you don't want to forget! I always have to have my hair away from my face when I am going to be outside.  Also, if I am riding a roller coaster, I don't want my hair all over my face.
  • Purity Face Wash
    • This is a great simple face wash and, since I am not wearing that much make-up, I don't need to double cleanser. 
  • Yes-to Cucumbers Face Wipes
    • We usually take a mid-day break back to the hotel room to relax and I like to give my face a quick refresh.  You can also just pack these instead of a cleanser but I like to pack both. 
  • Kopari Save Face Oil
    • Your skin is depleted after a day in the sun so this is perfect to help hydrate morning and night. Blog Link 
  • Urban Decay One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector
    • This is a great tinted moisturizer that includes sunscreen.  Exactly as it says, one & done. Blog Link 
  • Shiseido "concealer"
    • I had a few breakouts that I wanted a little extra coverage. This concealer has SPF in it and helps with dark spots Link 
  • Maybelline Tattoo Brow Gel
    • This brow product stays in place all day which is exactly what I want in the Florida sun at a theme park.  Hello humid days of 100 degrees! Blog Link 
  • Body wash
    • Whatever I have in travel size and smells delicious 
  • Neutrogena Beach Defense Sunscreen SPF 30  Blog Link 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trash or Treasure - Beauty Empties

Chanel 'Soleil Tan De Chanel'  This is a great universal cream bronzer. You can use it alone or over makeup and it is pret...