Tuesday, July 31, 2018

July Product Stand Outs

Each month we all have our arsenal of products that we use. We either continue to use our tried & true products or discover new treasures that work their way into our day-to-day routines! The following products are my monthly stand outs for July.

Skincare & Make-Up Favorites

  • No7 Early Defence GLOW ACTIVATING Serum
    • I started using this serum at the beginning of July and I can say that it does what it says. I definitely saw an improvement in my skin within the first week. This does leave my skin with a glow from within look and even helped clean some of my breakouts. I use this day/night after I wash my face. Link
  • Kopari Save Face Oil 
    • This is incredible. Before this, the thought of using an oil on my skin during the day terrified me. It is super humid here in Florida! This oil sinks into your skin immediately and gives a glowy, hydrated finish. I use this day/night after I apply the No7 serum. I even apply a little extra to dry patches at night for added hydration. Don't forget to bring any type of lotion, gel, or oil you are applying down to your decolletage! Link  
  • Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Honey Mask 
    • I have used the original Clear Improvement mask but unfortunately I couldn't use it that often because it dried my skin out. Origins came out with this version to help clear your skin but also hydrate dry skin. The charcoal helps clear up your skin, while the honey is used to hydrate. I use this once or twice a week right after I get out of the shower at night. Extra tip - wet a washcloth with hot water and hold it over your face to "melt" the mask and then wipe away. My skin feels incredible after and I follow it up by using the Kopari oil. Link
  • Urban Decay One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector
    • This is a morning must have. It really is a 'complexion perfector' because it helps cover up my redness but my freckles show through. I have recently discovered that my skin is sensitive to facial sunscreens. However, I live in Florida so going without sunscreen isn't an option. This product has SPF 20 so if I am not going to be outside for extended periods, it is perfect for day-to-day. It doesn't feel heavy at all which is why I love it! Link
  • Maybelline Tattoo Brow Gel 
    • I am blonde with almost clear eyebrows. I do get them colored every once in awhile but  they tend to fade quickly. I have used MANY different brow products; gels, pencils, pomades, powders, etc. They either take to long to apply or are completely the wrong shade/tone. This Maybelline product is awesome! It truly does stay in place the entire day, technically it would stay on for up to 48 hours. I lightly brush this product on with the attached wand but use a double-sided brow brush (brush link) to really place the product where I want it. The wand can tend to deposit too much so be careful, use a light hand! Make sure to brush it out with the spooly so you can get a more natural look. Link

Hair & Body Favorites

  • Nivea Sun-Kissed Radiance Body Lotion
    • I use this lotion right after I get out of the shower (only at night, I can't use lotion during the day). I like that it is gradual so you don't have to worry about streaks. If you use it a few days in a row, you start to notice the color. (I am not sure if they discontinued this product but I can't find a link, sorry!)
  • Jergens Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer 
    • If I am not going to be using the Nivea lotion then I use this little miracle in the shower. Again, it doesn't deposit too much color so you really don't have to worry about streaking. It doesn't stain your white towels either! It smells incredible, not like self tanner at all. Using this and the Nivea in conjunction gives me a natural looking tan. After I turn the shower off, I usually put my hair up so its out of the way and then start applying from legs up. Then use a towel to dry off using dabbing motions. Link
  • Neutrogena Beach Defense Sunscreen & Hydro Boost Sunscreen 
    • I am all about the "fake" tan because I have to wear sunscreen daily here in Florida. I am a dermatologists dream with my pale skin, blonde hair, and light eyes so I want to do everything I can to protect my body from the sun. My husband and I recently went on a cruise to the Bahamas and brought both of these sunscreens with us. I use the hydro-boost sunscreen before I get dressed because it is a lotion and I find it easier to apply naked. This helps to make sure I cover all my skin and don't miss anything between bikini straps. Once we arrive at our destination (pool, beach, hike, wherever) then we will use the beach defense spray. It dries down and you can barely feel it on your skin, and extra bonus is that is smells great! Link
  • Redken All Soft Mega Hydramelt 
    • Whether going in the salt water, chlorine, or heat styling my blonde hair needs a little help staying hydrated. I use the shampoo/conditioner from this line but I will admit that the real MVP is the hydramelt (leave-in conditioner). I use this focusing on my ends and then use a Wet Brush to really distribute it all over. When I use this I usually just let me hair air dry. Link
  • FAB.ME hair treatment 
    • This is a thicker leave-in treatment than the Redken and if I plan on styling my hair this is the product I use. It protects your hair in multiple ways and gives a soft bounce after blow drying. I can't simple blow dry my hair (hello Lion King) so I use my straightener after to finish up. I use another product to help with heat defense but the FAB.ME gives a great base so I don't have to worry about damage. (sold by professionals only)
Other Favorites 

  • Altered Carbon - Netflix series and eBook
    • Watched the series and immediately went to download the Kindle edition because I had to read the book to find out more information. Season 2 will be coming to Netflix next year so I wanted to get the jump. 
  • Tropeaka Maca powder
    • This powder helps balance your hormones and I add it to my protein shakes, pancakes, muffins, whatever. I truly notice a difference when using this. Link
  • Tone It Up Mini Bands 
    • Whether you use these at home or bring them to the gym for leg day, they are amazing. I tend to use the medium/heavy bands for more resistance during leg days. Link
  • Chewy.com 
    • Such an amazing company I couldn't write this post without mentioning them. I started using them this month after hearing about them multiple times and they sent me a coupon in the mail for $15 off. That was a no-brainer because if you are already buying dog food, why not get a discount? I have ordered multiple times this month and they have won me over with their incredible customer service. 
  • Doterra Peppermint oil 
    • If you live anywhere that it is hot and humid you need this oil. Apply 1 drop to the back of your neck and it immediately cools you down. I have this oil in different forms, straight oil, roller ball (oil +coconut oil), and beadlets. I diffuse this oil daily, usually at night mixed with lavender. This was the first oil I fell in love with and what got me started on essential oils in the first place.  Link
Let's see if these stay on my list of favorites into August!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trash or Treasure - Beauty Empties

Chanel 'Soleil Tan De Chanel'  This is a great universal cream bronzer. You can use it alone or over makeup and it is pret...