Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Nighttime Skincare Routine

I love skincare. Because of that, I tend to switch up my products often unless something really stands out. I do have more sensitive skin so I try and only switch up 1 product at a time. That is a tip when trying new skincare, try to add only 1 new product at a time to see how your skin reacts. In the past, I have tried to use a multiple new products at the same time and my skin didn't react well. The problem was that I didn't know which product caused it! So, stick with slowly incorporating newer items. My skin is also combination (dry with oily t-zone) with a tendency to get dehydrated. I like to evaluate my skin nightly before I start my routine to see what is really needs so I can adjust my routine to fit. Here are the current products in my nightly rotation.
  1. Cleanse - if I am wearing a lot of make-up I do a double cleanse. That means that you use a product to first remove the make-up and then another product to actually cleanse your skin.
    • Julep 'love your bare face' Oil -used as a first cleanse Link
    • Fresh Soy Face Cleanser - very gentle second cleanse Link
    • Indie Lee Rose-hip Cleanser - second cleanse Link
  2. Tone - I really like when products come in a spray bottle as I feel like when you put toner on a cotton pad it wastes a lot of product.
    • Indie Lee CoQ-10 Toner Link
  3. Serum - this step is to treat any concerns you might have. 
    • No7 Early Defence Glow Activating Serum Link
  4. Eye Cream - apply this before your treatment and moisturizers
    • Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye Concentrate Link
    • Kopari Coconut Melt Link
  5. Treatment - these are the products that I switch up depending on how my skin is feeling/looking. If I do one of these steps, I usually skip step 6
    • Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate - almost like an oil and I use that if I need to calm my skin or if has hormonal breakouts Link
    • Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid - I try to do this 2-3 times a week because it really helps exfoliate my skin. I really notice a difference in the morning. Link
    • Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil - this is a retinol type oil so when I need a little extra help with hormonal breakouts I use this sparingly around my chin and t-zone. Link
  6. Moisturize - very important to hydrate your skin! You can either use oils, creams, gels, milks, etc. Whatever works for your skin type. 
    • Kopari Save Face Oil - this is the best oil I have ever used. It sinks right into the skin and leaves it really soft. Link
    • Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins - this I use less often since discovering the Kopari oil but if I feel like using a cream I will reach for this. Link
    • Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil - I mix this oil with the Kopari if my skin is feeling extra dry because it is a heavier oil Link
  7. Lips - love lip balm! My husband asks that I kiss him goodnight first before lathering this on because he HATES lip products but appreciates my soft lips, its a compromise. I usually keep these products in my night stand and apply it right before falling asleep.
    • Kopari Coconut Lip Glossy Link
    • Lanolips Lemonaid Lip Treatment Link
    • Clinique Pep-Start Pout Restoring Night Mask Link
Crawl under the sheets and dream away!

*some of these products I didn't mention because they may be used in my morning skincare routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trash or Treasure - Beauty Empties

Chanel 'Soleil Tan De Chanel'  This is a great universal cream bronzer. You can use it alone or over makeup and it is pret...